/usr/lib/uucp/uucico ignores LCK.. files

Roger A. Cornelius rac at jc3b21.UUCP
Wed Oct 12 09:31:08 AEST 1988

--
> Jay Libove		ARPA:	jl42 at andrew.cmu.edu or libove at cs.cmu.edu
> 5731 Centre Ave, Apt 3	BITnet:	jl42 at andrew or jl42 at drycas
> Pittsburgh, PA 15206	UUCP:	uunet!nfsun!libove!libove or
> (412) 362-8983		UUCP:	psuvax1!pitt!darth!libove!libove

I've noticed the (almost) same thing on my system.  I'm also using
2.2.1 on a 286 with the telebit utility files.  I usually use a
script which calls cu to dial out with, but at any rate, if uucico
starts up while I'm using the line, it removes my LCK file, but
then dies.  It doesn't try to initalize the modem.  The only
reason I even noticed this was because I get a "Can't unlink LCK
file" error when cu exits.

Try dialing out with cu and see if you still get the initialization
strings for the modem.  I've only had uucp running shortly, so
I'm not sure how things acted before I started using the telebit
versions.

Roger Cornelius