Help: Hard disk initialization and XENIX

Louis Schmittroth louis at auvax.UUCP
Sat Oct 1 00:04:28 AEST 1988

In article <299 at thor.wright.EDU>, cnee at wright.EDU (Cheng-Lee Nee) writes:
# I am trying to install the SCO XENIX system V release 2.1.3 on a PC/XT
# compatible with a ST-251 40 MB and Western Digit WDXT-GEN controller.
# The odd thing happen when I made a mistake at first try. When prompted
# with the menu to modify disk parameters, I typed in 'q' for not to
# modify the disk parameters (# of cylns, # of heads, etc.). But soon I
# found out my ST-251 is 'nonstandard' to my XT compatible. So, I tried
# to do the installation all over again. Things odd is, from this time,
# the menu for modifying disk parameters disappear forever!
# Can anyone tell me how to make the menu comes up again? Unfortunely,
# I didn't make backup copies for the N1 and N2 and I don't have any
# working XENIX system installed.

Holy Toledo, I find myself in the same spot, only with a Priam
ID-45-D2, and a Tele-386 with it's own controller.  I can format the
drive with the Priam utilities, and I can partition it for DOS using
the Priam software, but when I try to bring up Xenix from the N1
diskette, I get to where I should have the menu for modifying
drive parameters, and nothing comes up, although the cursor is
responding to the keyboard.  I don't have a working Xenix to use
either.  What's going on here?

--

Louis Schmittroth		           My employer has no opinions.
Computer Science