find, resolution

The Beach Bum jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Thu Oct 20 22:49:09 AEST 1988

In article <177 at libove.UUCP> root at libove.UUCP (Jay M. Libove) writes:
>Someone sent back that their manual said "-mtime -n" would find files
>modified within the past n days, and "-mtime +n" would find files
>modified at least n days ago.
>
>My manuals (SCO Xenix) do not include this, but my "find" program does.

In the paragraph marked `Description', there is a sentence which reads:

	'In the descriptions, the argument _n is used as a decimal
	 integer where _+_n means more than _n, _-_n means less than _n
	 and _n means exactly _n.'

			-- find(C), User's Reference
--
John F. Haugh II                        +----Make believe quote of the week----
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  | Nancy Reagan on Richard Stallman: