COM3 with Xenix 2.2.3

Jukka Reinikainen reini at tolsun.oulu.fi
Wed Oct 19 00:24:23 AEST 1988

In article <3700004 at eecs.nwu.edu> skrenta at eecs.nwu.edu (Richard Skrenta) writes:
# I've got an older version of Xenix, but perhaps this will work on your system.
# Try running /etc/serinit.  This is a shell script that configures various
# serial devices.  On my system it puts up a menu asking what kind of device
# you'd like to add (1 port, 4 port, 8 port card) and where it should go
# (com1, com2, etc).

Does the kernel interrupt configuration support those interrupt lines
which are used by many internal modems when dip-switched to COM3 and
COM4?  If I remember right, the only interrupt lines supported for
COMs are those for COM1 and COM2 and if you want to use COM3 or COM4,
you have to reconfigure your kernel interrups somehow.  I'm not sure
about this, but if /etc/serinit (mkdev serial) doesn't help, this
may be the problem.
--
| voice login: NOLOGIN            | uucp: ...!mcvax!tut!oulu!reini | foo-bar  |