COM3 with Xenix 2.2.3

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.ateng.com
Wed Oct 19 06:36:41 AEST 1988

According to jamesd at lakesys.UUCP (James Dicke):
>I recently received Xenix 2.2.3 for my 286.  I have a problem though.
>I wanted to use 3 phone modems with the system but later found out
>that Xenix does not support COM3.  [...]

No problem (if you have the C compiler).  Just edit (if necessary) and
recompile the file "/usr/sys/io/sioconf.c".  This file contains the
I/O addresses and interrupt vectors for the recognized COMx devices.
You'll just need to add another IBM_BOARD entry.

BTW, I happen to know about this because I had to strip mine to the *bone*;
one of the recognized boards lives at the same I/O address as some custom
hardware we made, and our hardware doesn't respond well to the serial
driver. :-)
--
Chip Salzenberg             <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>
A T Engineering             Me?  Speak for my company?  Surely you jest!