Kermit on SCO Xenix

Paul Gillingwater paul at csnz.nz
Tue Sep 20 00:16:53 AEST 1988

HI!  I've got a copy of the sources for Kermit (CKUKER 4C(057), July 26,
195) and I'm trying to compile it under SCO Xenix 2.2.  I managed to
compile it on our AT&T 3B2 UNIX after a few small hacks.

The main problem seems to be that it (Kermit) is looking for a library
called Llibc_s.a (judging by the -lc_s flag in the Makefile).  I can
find no reference to this library anywhere in my Xenix DS.  I had
exactly the same problem with the UNIX V.3 on the 3B2.  I fixed it
there by simply doing a ln /lib/libc.a /lib/libc_s.a, but the same
trick didn't work under SCO Xenix.  Can someone give me a hint?  Please?

--
Paul Gillingwater  UUCP: {alberta,ubc-vision}!calgary!vuwcomp!dsiramd!csnz!paul
Computer Sciences New Zealand Ltd.   	ACSnet: paul at csnz.co.nz
Magic Tower BBS (24 hrs) NZ +64 4 753-561 (V21/V23/V22/V22bis/B103/B212A)