Xenix & MASM

uhclem at trsvax.UUCP uhclem at trsvax.UUCP
Sat Sep 24 05:19:00 AEST 1988

R2>This is rediculous. How does one get a _valid_ assembly listing?

Beats me.  Also, have you ever tried to look at the actual input to
the compiler (post cpp) by running the provided cpp?  Suprise!  It
is not what the compiler uses and lots of things don't work like
long symbols.

We used to ask Microsoft about the compiler output, cpp and lint and
for cpp and lint we got "you don't need them, the C compiler has all
of that built-in."  We never got a good answer about the valid
assembler output, but since they don't run the code through masm,
I guess they could say you don't need that either.

					"Thank you, Uh Clem."
					Frank Durda IV @ <trsvax!uhclem>
				...decvax!microsoft!trsvax!uhclem
				...sys1!hal6000!trsvax!uhclem
				I've come to praise ihnp4,
				not to send mail through him.

<I'm not a letnI-hater, I'm just coded that way...>