Pascal Compiler for Xenix

Steven Nicolai nenicola at ndsuvax.UUCP
Thu Sep 22 09:16:35 AEST 1988

I am looking for Pascal compilers for a xenix based system.  Some
friends of mine have a large system consisting of about 300 pascal
programs that they are looking at moving to xenix from MS-DOS.

The programs are written in Turbo Pascal 3.0, but use none of the
Pascal I/O, this is done through calls to a C library.  The programs
don't use many of the features supported by Turbo.  The programs
are also compilable on the Macintosh with MPW.

The biggest extensions to Pascal that are needed are:

    1.  The ability to take the address of a variable.  (This is
        used to comunicate with the C library)

    2.  ANSI strings, strings as arrays of CHAR won't do.

If you know of a Pascal compiler that might fit this bill, please
email me.

Steve