SCO Herc support Bug?

David Fiedler david at infopro.UUCP
Thu Sep 22 02:55:51 AEST 1988

>From article <221 at milhow1.UUCP>, by how at milhow1.UUCP (Mike Howard):
> I was recently writing some graphics software for my SCO 386 2.2.3
> and ran into a `bug' in ioctl().
> Equipment:
>  Mylex Mother
>  Brand X Herc clone
>  SCO Xenix 386 2.2.3
>  more stuff.
>
>  (p.s. I have seen this also on a Brand Y Herc clone)

XEnix seems to be sensitive to Hercules clones. The only time I have ever
seen any graphics software running on SCO Xenix was at Uniforum. When I
asked them how they did it (since I couldn't get my clone to do squat
either -- this was VP/ix), they said "use a Hercules card". I gave up and
got a MultiSync GS (mono) monitor, with which I can run CGA, EGA, and VGA
software with no problems, and am now waiting for the X-Windows on VGA
from SCO so I can buy a VGA board...

David Fiedler {ames,attmail,hoptoad,pyramid}!infopro!david
USMail: InfoPro Systems, PO Box 220, Rescue CA 95672 Phone: 916/677-5870