SCO Herc support Bug?

Mike Howard how at milhow1.UUCP
Wed Sep 21 05:38:09 AEST 1988

I was recently writing some graphics software for my SCO 386 2.2.3
and ran into a `bug' in ioctl().  The sequence:
  fd = open("/dev/mono", O_RDWR);
  ioctl(fd, MCAMODE, (char *)0);
  anthing

leaves the screen screwed up.  Text is displayed, but end-of-line processing
is perminently damaged.  Only a reboot seems to fix it.

The same thing happens when I type `stty MCAMODE </dev/mono'  (actually
the `</dev/mono' may be optional - memory fails).

Anybody else have this problem?  Is it a known (and fixed) bug?

Equipment:
 Mylex Mother
 Brand X Herc clone
 SCO Xenix 386 2.2.3
 more stuff.

 (p.s. I have seen this also on a Brand Y Herc clone)
--
Mike Howard
uunet!milhow1!how