Some of this, some of that

The Beach Bum jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Mon Sep 26 11:46:48 AEST 1988

I have just added an Irwin 10MB tape drive to my system, only to realize
while running SETUP [ yes, I ran Messy-DOS.  I'm so ashamed ... ] that
the tape was being configured as my second floppy disk.  Trouble is, I
want to add a second floppy drive as well.

What can I do to get around this?  Does the floppy controller support
more than two devices?  What about more than two floppy controllers?
And would Xenix support that?

The only alternative is to buy a non-floppy controlled tape.  Which is
a lousey idea because the Irwin was free ...
--
John F. Haugh II (jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US)                   HASA, "S" Division

      "Why waste negative entropy on comments, when you could use the same
                   entropy to create bugs instead?" -- Steve Elias