Some of this, some of that

Robert A. Pease rap at olivej.olivetti.com
Wed Sep 28 06:05:31 AEST 1988

In article <7119 at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US> jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum) writes:
>I have just added an Irwin 10MB tape drive to my system, only to realize
>while running SETUP [ yes, I ran Messy-DOS.  I'm so ashamed ... ] that
>the tape was being configured as my second floppy disk.  Trouble is, I
>want to add a second floppy drive as well.
>
>What can I do to get around this?
>--
>John F. Haugh II (jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US)                   HASA, "S" Division

What I have done with Irwin tape drives is to put  a  switch
on  the Irwin and floppy select jumper lines.  The switch in
one position will select the floppy and in the other it will
select  the tape drive.  It worked nicely.  Now all you have
to do is figure how to plug three drives into a  data  cable
made for two :-).

					Robert A. Pease
{hplabs|fortune|idi|ihnp4|tolerant|allegra|glacier|olhqma}!oliveb!olivej!rap