SCRATCH FILE

Dave Hughes dave at well.UUCP
Sun Sep 25 03:28:26 AEST 1988

How can I get Xenix 386 which has 2 hard disks running, with two
filesystems besides root  - u and u1 (u1 being the only one on the
second hard drive) to automatically get past the prompt for a
SCRATCHFILE name when it goes through an autoreboot after an improper
shutdown?
With one disk and only /u for a second filesystem (maybe it would do
the same thing if I had three filesystems even with one hard drive)
and my online bbs crashes from some outside factor, it will recover
by autorebooting and goes all the way through fsck by itself, going
eventually back online. But with /u1 added, it goes through fsck on
the first disk ( and root and /u) but then halts on /u1 awaiting
manual entry of a scratchfile name, whereupon it proceeds just fine.
  Any way to get it to generate its own needed scratchfile name
automatically, so it doesn't stop in mid the night or on weekends
and not recover all by its lonesome?
  Oh yes, SCO Xenix 386 2.2
I am at hplabs!well!dave, or if you think this is a general question,
put it here where we can all display our collective wisdom (or ignorance,
as in my case)
dave