barcode scanners help!

Barton Fisk barton at killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Sun Sep 18 06:18:16 AEST 1988

I have several video stores running sco xenix using point of
sale terminals w/inline barcode readers (2 different brands).

We have had a problem w/both brands of scanners loosing the
ability to let the signal "pass through".

Since they are in line, this brings down the entire station.

We send them back to the manufactorer for repair and they fix
them, but we are still down in the meantime.

Any suggestions on causes and possible prevention of this annoyance
would be greatly appreciated.

Barton A. Fisk
Barton A. Fisk & Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 1781
Lake Charles, La.   70602         (318) 439-5984