Getty/Login replacement

Michael Lodman jml at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM
Tue Sep 20 01:44:09 AEST 1988

In article <6521 at dasys1.UUCP> mikej at dasys1.UUCP (Mike Johnston) writes:
>I am looking for a PD getty or login replacement. I am not sure exactly which
>one I need as I am running Xenix. What I want to do is to be able to generate
>a custom login prompt other than the standard "Login:" user friendliness.

The file /etc/gettydefs can be edited to provide whatever sort of login
prompt you want. You may put bells and ansi sequences to color the screen etc.
in the file. Merely edit the end of the terminal type in question's entry.

--
Michael Lodman  (619) 485-3335
Advanced Development NCR Corporation E&M San Diego

When you die, if you've been very, very good, you'll go to ... Montana.