Kermit on SCO Xenix

Jim Morton jim at applix.UUCP
Fri Sep 23 01:08:31 AEST 1988

In article <63 at csnz.nz>, paul at csnz.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
> The main problem seems to be that it (Kermit) is looking for a library
> called Llibc_s.a (judging by the -lc_s flag in the Makefile).  I can
> find no reference to this library anywhere in my Xenix DS.  I had

the file libc_s is the SHARED C library, available on Unix V.3 systems.
Xenix 2.2 does not provide shared library linking, and as far as I know,
and from looking at the 2.3 beta development system, Xenix 2.3 will provide
V.3 RUNTIME shared libary support but not DEVELOPMENT LINKING shared
libary support. Anyways, just change it to -lc or leave it out, since it
will look for the regular C library by default.

--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
UUCP: ...harvard!m2c!applix!jim
      jim at applix.m2c.org