SCO VP/ix - X-WINDOWS

Florian Gutzwiller fag at norad.UUCP
Mon Sep 12 12:50:58 AEST 1988

VP/ix - PROBLEMS

I'm  running  a 25MHZ 386 CPU with SCO's System V and  the  VP/ix
MS-DOS  Multi-User  Environment.   After   having  installed  the
Microsoft  Bus  Mouse  successfully I attempted  to  install  the
Ventura  Publisher.   In the defaults-directory of vpix  I  could
only  find  a  file  supporting EGA Monitors  and  none  for  the
Hercules.  Does anybody have such a driver for Hercules ?

SCO - THE FUTURE

In  a  newsletter SCO writes providing X-Windows  and  bit-mapped
graphics interface in Version 3.

Do  they  also support VGA drivers?  A Tektronix  sales  engineer
told me that running X-Windows requires at least VGA.  I hope SCO
will  deliver  a more professional package than the one  provided
with  VP/ix.   If not they risk to loose customers to  Suns  386I
that is able to display four Dos-Windows in VGA resolution.

| Norad Communication Systems                                     fag at norad |
| Florian Gutzwiller                               ....!cernvax!impch!norad |
| Basel, Switzerland                                          (061) 393-995 |