SCO VP/ix - X-WINDOWS

John Owens john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US
Wed Sep 14 03:22:08 AEST 1988

In article <6 at norad.UUCP>, fag at norad.UUCP (Florian Gutzwiller) writes:
> In the defaults-directory of vpix  I  could
> only  find  a  file  supporting EGA Monitors  and  none  for  the
> Hercules.  Does anybody have such a driver for Hercules ?

The file you see in there (romega) is not a driver per se, but an
image of a BIOS ROM for an EGA card.  VP/ix maps this file into the
address space instead of the EGA card's own BIOS because most of the
EGA BIOSes don't have some features necessary for VP/ix's screen
switching.  Hercules cards have no BIOS, so no such file is necessary
for VP/ix to use them.  VP/ix supports Hercules cards just fine; I
have one and have run several Hercules-supporting graphics programs
under VP/ix.

> Do  they  also support VGA drivers?

SCO supports VGA graphics in 2.3 and later (and maybe 2.2.3) in
general.  I have no idea what their X-Windows support will look like.

--
John Owens		john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US		uunet!jetson!john
+1 301 249 6000		john%jetson.uucp at uunet.uu.net