SCO XENIX/386 and a slow lp

The Beach Bum haugj at pigs.UUCP
Wed Sep 14 07:09:29 AEST 1988

In article <707 at drexel.UUCP> jeff at drexel.UUCP (Jeff White) writes:
>  We have a Tandy 3000 (8 MHz 286) running SCO, and when printing, the system
>does slow down (most noticeable during screen updates).  The reason I think
>this happens is that the parallel port generates an interrupt for every
>character sent to the port.

as simple as the interface to the parallel port board is, the parallel
printer driver should be able to handle 1000+ characters per second.

there was a patch from sco which may have caused this problem.  it
added a busy loop of some sort into the device driver.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-The Beach Bum at The Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers-=-=-=-=-=-=
               Very Long Address: John.F.Haugh at rpp386.dallas.tx.us
                         Very Short Address: jfh at rpp386
                           "ANSI C: Just say no" -- Me