SCO XENIX/386 and a slow lp

Brian Gillis gillisb at mist.cs.orst.edu
Sun Sep 18 03:44:38 AEST 1988

In article <5470 at killer.DALLAS.TX.US> toma at killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Tom Armistead) writes:
>I have just installed 386 Xenix (SCO) and am having some problems
>with the lp spooler. It runs **REAL** slow, printing about 1 line
>every 1 to 2 seconds, even when there is absolutely nothing else
>happening on the system...
>
>Has anybody had the same problem and does anybody know of a fix???

I have had this problem in the past and it has usually been one of the
following things:
1) Bad printer cable.
2) The interrupt on your printer card is set incorrectly
3) Your printer may not be using the same protocol with your printer
   port on your 386.  I have had this problem when I allow users to
   use their really old printers that require strobing on various lines.
   If you look in your SCO Run-Time Manual, you will see how to overcome
   this problem by creating polled printer ports.

If you find out anything new, please let me know.
hp-pcd!orstcs!gsd!gillisb