Xenix/386 and 386 clones

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 23:05:38 AEST 1988

In article <11986 at steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>  One thing to test right after installation: use the "dump" utility to
>backup to floppy. This runs two DMA channels and the CPU in one block of
>memory, and has caused parity on almost half the machines I've used.
>Nothing that a memory fix won't cure, but catch it while the warrantee
>is good.

My favorite is to run several pathalias processes.  A good trick is to
make a seperate copy of the executable for each process so that the text
isn't shared.  I located a paging panic error in my new 386 system with
this.  However, trying to explain this to the DOSheads at the store who
sold me the system has been a barrel of fun.
--
Chip Rosenthal     chip at vector.UUCP | I've been a wizard since my childhood.
Dallas Semiconductor   214-450-0486 | And I've earned some respect for my art.