Keyboards and Xenix

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 21:45:34 AEST 1988

In article <1280 at bc-cis.UUCP> raanan at bc-cis.UUCP (Raanan Herrmann) writes:
>	The problem: the keyboard locks from time to time (mostly at the
>"login:" prompt from getty) and to unlock the keyboard, he has to unplug
>the keyboard

In release 2.2.1, the release notes section 3.5 talk about this problem.
The fix described is to patch the xenix kernal with adb and set "ledspresent"
to zero.  This is supposed to cure keyboard lockup, but unfortunately it
also disables the keyboard LED's.

I run into this problem every couple of days on my ALR system with a
Keytronics keyboard.  I haven't tried the patch, because I'm unwilling
to give up the LED's.  This is kind of unfortunate, seeing that this
Keytronics is one of the "industry standard" keyboards.
--
Chip Rosenthal     chip at vector.UUCP | I've been a wizard since my childhood.
Dallas Semiconductor   214-450-0486 | And I've earned some respect for my art.