Paging and Virtual Memory (was Re: VP/ix vs Merge)

Steven M. List itkin at mrspoc.UUCP
Wed Apr 5 14:08:36 AEST 1989

In article <2182 at viscous.sco.COM> uunet!rosso (Ross Oliver) writes:
> The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc. (SCO) currently offers two options for
> DOS-under-UNIX integration.  SCO VP/ix is the standard SCO operating
> system extension for running multiple DOS applications concurrently with
> multiple UNIX System processes in a fully paged, virtual-memory environment.

Can someone educate me?  Does SCO XENIX V/386 operate in a "fully paged,
virtual-memory environment?"  My system sure seems to be swapping, not
paging and virtualling :^>~

If XENIX doesn't page, will SCO UNIX V 386?  Does anyone know about
386/ix?

Thank you.
--
:  Steven List @ Transact Software, Inc. :^>~
:  Chairman, Unify User Group of Northern California