My fsck is broken

Brendan J. McMahon bjm at sabin.UUCP
Tue Apr 25 23:32:07 AEST 1989

We are switching over to a 386 Intel running SCO 2.3.1.
I have set up 2 filesystems root 200 + megs and /u 90 Meg.
We have about 10 meg of memory.

fsck runs fine on the /u file system.

when run with any type of option (I have tried them all) on the root
filesystem it seems to start out ok

/dev/root
** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes

Then about 1 minute later the prompt comes back.  No error messages, never a
mention of continuing with phase 2.   No errors in bootlog.

I do not have a /dev/scratch.  I have tried setting SCRATCH=/dev/rfd...
in /etc/default/boot.  And also tried the -t option with /dev/fd0.  No change.
I have altered /etc/default/filesys many times and nothing has helped.

Help appreciated anyone!  Thanks.

--
Brendan J. McMahon
Sabin Metal Corp. |     Refiners of Precious Metals    | Hardware Trouble?