elm 2.2 and xenix

Jim O'Connor jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Mon Apr 24 23:17:26 AEST 1989

In article <114 at dsinc.DSI.COM>, syd at dsinc.DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) writes:

> everything, and there is some unsupported micnet stuff distributed with
> it.  (Again, we don't use micnet).  I recommend using smail 2.5 and

We do use micnet.  Heavily.  Which prompted me to write the micnet support
for smail3.1, and as the author, I plan to support it fully.  If this is
not clear in the micnet files distributed with smail3 I will make sure that
it is changed before the official release.  Micnet isn't great by any stretch
of the imagination, but it's cheap, uses existing hardware, and isn't real
hard to set up.

As stated in the past, if anyone's interested, I've also experimented with
several ways to add micnet support to smail2.5.

James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Filtration Sciences Corporation		615/821-4022 x. 651

*** Altos users unite! mail to "info-altos-request at tiamat.fsc.com" ***