using a Logitech Bus Mouse with SCO 2.3.1

Jim Morton jim at applix.UUCP
Tue Apr 25 23:45:59 AEST 1989

In article <540 at tiamat.fsc.com>, jim at tiamat.fsc.com (Jim O'Connor) writes:
> that the cause might be connected to the "number of bit of I/O address
> decoding" that the system bus performs.  For instance, on Mike's system,
> on which the mouse works from COLD boot, the following boot output is
> generated:
> 		*A10 bits of I/O address decoding

What this means is that you can't use I/O port addresses higher than 0x3FF,
like some newer serial port cards use. (The "standard" AT serial/parallel
adapter lives at INT 4, IO 0x3F8 for the serial portion) Also, PS/2 machines
have I/O port addresses higher than 0x3FF. Can anyone post a listing of what
AT bus machines go above 0x3FF ??
--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
UUCP: ...harvard!m2c!applix!jim