using a Logitech Bus Mouse with SCO 2.3.1

Jim O'Connor jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Thu Apr 27 10:01:42 AEST 1989

In article <963 at applix.UUCP>, jim at applix.UUCP (Jim Morton) writes:
> In article <540 at tiamat.fsc.com>, jim at tiamat.fsc.com (Jim O'Connor) writes:
> > 		*A10 bits of I/O address decoding
>
> What this means is that you can't use I/O port addresses higher than 0x3FF,
> like some newer serial port cards use. (The "standard" AT serial/parallel
> adapter lives at INT 4, IO 0x3F8 for the serial portion) Also, PS/2 machines

Oh well, maybe it is just a coincidence then, cause when the mouse board
actually works, it is reported to be found at 0x23C.  Perhaps until it is
"initialized" by the DOS program, the board is waiting to be addressed at
something > 0x3FF, and thus XENIX doesn't see it.  Any one out there know
enough about the Logitech bus board to answer this?

James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Filtration Sciences Corporation		615/821-4022 x. 651

*** Altos users unite! mail to "info-altos-request at tiamat.fsc.com" ***