need help for SCO Xenix Sys V 286. ver 2.1.3

Earl H. Kinmonth ked at garnet.berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 30 02:21:41 AEST 1989

In article <1689 at wasatch.utah.edu> ch-tkr at wasatch.utah.edu (Timothy K Reynolds) writes:

>My Problem:  we are removing some old users from the system.  But we can't
>clean their directories due to some odd files which still exist.  The files
>apparently have non-ascii characters in them (as determined by "ls > tmp"
>and trying to edit tmp in vi.
>
>Anybody out there know how to get around this problem?  I would really
>appreciate your help with this matter.

One way is to pipe the output of find into a simple program that unlinks
files as in

find . -type f -print | zapcrap

where the program zapcrap is

#include	<stdio.h>
char	ls[BUFSIZ];
main()
{
	while(gets(ls))	unlink(ls);
}

Earl H. Kinmonth
History Department
University of California, Davis
916-752-1636 (voice, fax [2300-0800 PDT])
916-752-0776 secretary

ucbvax!ucdavis!ucdked!cck