need help for SCO Xenix Sys V 286. ver 2.1.3

Timothy K Reynolds ch-tkr at wasatch.utah.edu
Sat Apr 29 04:26:58 AEST 1989

I need some help!  Please.  We have Xenix from SCO version 2.1.3 Sys V for
the IBM PCAT.  This version is no longer supported by SCO.  (they want us
to buy an upgrade before they will give us support)  We have a cheap boss,...
so this ain't gonna happen.

My Problem:  we are removing some old users from the system.  But we can't
clean their directories due to some odd files which still exist.  The files
apparently have non-ascii characters in them (as determined by "ls > tmp"
and trying to edit tmp in vi.

Anybody out there know how to get around this problem?  I would really
appreciate your help with this matter.

Thanx in advance.

e-mail to: ch-tkr at wasatch.utah.edu