Grrr... uEmacs 3.10 doesn't work under Xenix

Usenet file owner usenet at cps3xx.UUCP
Tue Apr 11 10:34:21 AEST 1989

in article <199 at rancho.uucp>, rock at rancho.uucp (Rock Kent) says:
$
$ In article <56344 at yale-celray.yale.UUCP> spolsky-joel at CS.Yale.EDU (Joel Spolsky) writes:
$
$    Argh! Version 3.10 of MicroEmacs no longer works in Xenix.
$       [followed by some specifics followed by]
$    I'll bet there are other things that are now broken, that didn't used
$    to be.
$
$    If anybody has any solutions yet I'd love to hear them...
$
$ Switch to GNU emacs.
$
I'd love to run GNU Emacs on my Xenix system. But with only 4MB of
memory, a 42MB SCSI disk, and a 12.5MHz 286 that's not enough resources
to run GNU in a nice manner. (read: not enough resources for a resource
hog) Don't get me wrong, I love GNU Emacs and would love to run nothing
else, but not a machine this small. MicroEmacs is my only other feasible
choice. Ver 3.9e is only a 120K image on the disk and won't consume
a quarter of my free disk space with runtime files.

John H. Lawitzke           UUCP: Work: ...rutgers!mailrus!frith!jhl
Dale Computer Corp., R&D               ...decvax!purdue!mailrus!frith!jhl
2367 Science Parkway                   ...uunet!frith!jhl
Okemos, MI, 48864                Home: ...uunet!frith!ipecac!jhl