Grrr... uEmacs 3.10 doesn't work under Xenix

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Tue Apr 11 21:36:17 AEST 1989

In article <56344 at yale-celray.yale.UUCP> spolsky-joel at CS.Yale.EDU writes:

>   Argh! Version 3.10 of MicroEmacs no longer works in Xenix.
>      [followed by some specifics followed by]
>   I'll bet there are other things that are now broken, that didn't used
>   to be.
>
>   If anybody has any solutions yet I'd love to hear them...

If this concerns recompilation with the 2.3 dev sys, I've found a few
things which broke (especially curses-based programs) because code
which formerly declared vars as "char" needed to be "unsigned char".
Mush is one program which comes to mind.  I'm not sure if the specs of the
C library functions originally called for unsigned chars, and the
programmers in question assumed char == unsigned char, or the specs changed
with the 2.3 release.

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com