Grrr... uEmacs 3.10 doesn't work under Xenix

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Mon Apr 10 22:28:06 AEST 1989

In article <56344 at yale-celray.yale.UUCP> spolsky-joel at CS.Yale.EDU (Joel Spolsky) writes:

>Argh! Version 3.10 of MicroEmacs no longer works in Xenix.
>
>I spent several hours just getting the blasted thing to compile at
>all, but now various things don't work
>
>--- function and cursor keys
>--- filename completion
>--- the mode line isn't reverse video

I have had the same experience.  I think that some of the above
mentioned problems may be due to an incorrect .emacsrc file.  I haven't
had a chance to do anything more than get it to compile and execute.

If Daniel Lawrence is on the net please respond.  In the meantime, I
will be working on it during the week and may figure out what is wrong
before I start doing my local modifications.  As of now the only files I
had to modify were:

	unix.c
	etype.h
	bind.c
	estruct.h

	Makefile, which was copied from makefile.unx

I also had to create a proto.h file, which contains prototypes of all
the functions.  The etype.h file now included the proto.h file, and all
the simple function definitions in etype.h are commented out.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon