Grrr... uEmacs 3.10 doesn't work under Xenix

Daniel Lawrence nwd at j.cc.purdue.edu
Tue Apr 11 06:51:56 AEST 1989

In article <56344 at yale-celray.yale.UUCP> spolsky-joel at CS.Yale.EDU (Joel Spolsky) writes:

>Argh! Version 3.10 of MicroEmacs no longer works in Xenix.
>
>I spent several hours just getting the blasted thing to compile at
>all, but now various things don't work
>
>--- function and cursor keys
>--- filename completion
>--- the mode line isn't reverse video
>
>SCO Xenix 2.3.2 on a compaq 386.
>
>I'll bet there are other things that are now broken, that didn't used
>to be.
>
>If anybody has any solutions yet I'd love to hear them...
>
>+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+
>|  Joel Spolsky  | bitnet: spolsky at yalecs.bitnet     uucp: ...!yale!spolsky |
>|                | internet: spolsky at cs.yale.edu     voicenet: 203-436-1483 |
>+----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+
>                                                      #include <disclaimer.h>

	Hello,

		Getting one stable version on many different platforms
is not always the easiest, especially in ones spare time.

	I am ready and willing to take any donations of hardware and
software which will allow me to run XENIX.  At the moment, I have to
arrange, by apointment, to use equipment at a nearby company, taking
vacation days from my job to be able to do it in the buisness day.

	That is not to say I am not preparing XENIX, it just might take
a little while.  Also VMS users out there should hold on, a good set of
fixes with both a SMG and a VT220 style driver are being folded in now.

	And a little other good news... FINALLY... our computer center
here has gotten the internet connection up to my workstation.  Details
on anonymous FTP connections to it will be posted soon.

					Daniel Lawrence
					(317) 742-5153 nwd at j.cc.purdue.edu
					The Programmer's Room Fido 1:201/10
					(317) 742-5533

PS:	If you must get 3.10 running on XENIX immediatly...

	go into unix.c and add a "& 0" the the line

#if	COMPLET

	and go into tcap.c in the tcapgetc() function and add &0 to the:

#if	XENIX | SUN

	line.  This will get it running, without file name completion
and function key recognition.