timekeeping

Fred Fierling fff at mplex.UUCP
Fri Apr 21 10:57:53 AEST 1989

Can someone tell me why it is that Xenix keeps such lousy time?

We are running various flavours of SCO Xenix on true blue IBM AT's
and Hewlett Packard Vectra RS/20's (386) and none of these machines
keeps time better than a $20 watch.  Systems are often 5 minutes slow
in a week.

I'm sure that the Motorola 146818 can keep better time than this, so
what is responsible?

Forgive and email me if this is a trite question, but I've seen no
mention of it in the last two months.
--
Fred Fierling    Tel: 604 875-1461   Microplex Systems Ltd, 265 East 1st Avenue
uunet!mplex!fff  Fax: 604 875-9029   Vancouver, BC, V5T 1A7, Canada