higher resolution ega/vga modes in xenix 386

Tom Betz tbetz at dasys1.UUCP
Wed Feb 22 04:26:01 AEST 1989

Quoth sl at van-bc.UUCP (pri=-10 Stuart Lynne) in <2237 at van-bc.UUCP>:
|In article <13159 at steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
|>I am interested in using the 43 line mode for EGA and 50 line mode for
|>VGA. Currently the only way I can do this is by running an editor under
|>VP/ix...
|
|In SCO Xenix 2.3.1 see vidi(C). For example:
|
|	vidi  e80x43
|
|should put your EGA or VGA card into 80 columns by 43 rows mode.
|
|You could put this in your .profile/.login. You will also want to modify
|your termcap/terminfo database to add an ansi 43 line entry so that things
|like vi know about it.

Note: if you use a Wyse 450/Amdek 132 and a Wyse 550 Monochrome VGA monitor,
this is broken on SCO 386 Xenix 2.3.1.  Wyse and SCO have both been informed
of this, and are working on it.

So is setcolor(C).

--
     "Still I sing bonny boys, bonny mad boys, 	     | Tom Betz, 114 Woodworth
            Bedlam boys are bonny,		     | Yonkers, NY 10701-2509