DELL Computers - does XENIX run on them?

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Sat Feb 18 06:14:51 AEST 1989

In article <5230 at mrspoc.UUCP> itkin at mrspoc.UUCP (Steven List) writes:
| I am thinking of buying a computer from Dell Computers.  Their ads sound
| good, they've gotten good reviews in PC Magazine, and they provide on-site
| service.  The big question is: Does XENIX run on them?  None of their ads

  It does on the 386 models. I'm running 2.3.1 on a Dell 325 with no
trouble. They use a disk controller which looks like an ST506, so you
*don't* want the ESDI version of Xenix. I've had no trouble with the 325
or the 310, but haven't tried the 286 versions with Xenix.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)