two HD controllers under SCO 2.3.1

Keith Gabryelski ag at elgar.UUCP
Sun Feb 12 04:32:21 AEST 1989

In article <386 at tiamat.fsc.com> jim at tiamat.fsc.com (Jim O'Connor) writes:
>In section 9.1 (page 30) of the Operating System Release Notes that came
>with my copy of SCO Xenix/386 2.3.1, there is a description of how to tell
>the software about adding two drives connected to a SECOND controller.
>
>My question is: how do you set up the HARDWARE to do this?
>
>Do you just put in another controller, or are there jumper settings on
>standard controllers (I currently have a WD 1003 controller) that have to
>set?

In the release notes (if I remember correctly; they're not handy right
now) it explained that some hard disk controller boards have the
ability to work on other interrupts.  It went on to say that hardware
mods to the board may be required.

The second controller can also be SCSI.  This is probably a better
move, because you don't have to fiddle as much with crufty hardware
mods.

I think Tandy has done some hacks to get SCSI boot devices.

Pax, Keith
--
ag at elgar.CTS.COM         Keith Gabryelski          ...!{ucsd, crash}!elgar!ag