fatal error 26 (Xenix 386)

Ed Wells edw at wells.UUCP
Wed Feb 8 18:08:30 AEST 1989

  Several times while compiling large 'C' programs I ran into
'fatal error 26' errors.  This is from a 'parser stack overflow'.
Does anyone know how to get around this one.  I would think that
if the 386 if virtual, that the stack should never overflow unless
you run out of real memory.

  What's strange about this is that even though it crashes compiling
in 386 mode, it works like in 286 large mode (-M2l flag).

  Any comment anyone?