Northgate 102 keyboard

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed Feb 15 04:58:23 AEST 1989

In article <232 at fylz.UUCP> fyl at fylz.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
| .........  The ~ key is at the right end of the space bar and the \ is
| to the right of the right shift key but I can live with that.

  There were three layouts of the 102. The one you describe is the
latest, and has the key above the left shift labeled "Ctrl". The
previous model has the half width backspace key and \ above the return,
like an AT keyboard, with ~ below, at the right end of the triple width
right shift key. I have two of the 2nd model, and would gladly get a few
more if I could. I have used an AT keyboard for so long that I am used
to the \ up there.

  In any case they seem a reliable keyboard. Some people have had bounce
problems. This can be cured by installing a new ROM, I'm told. My typing
is firm enough to prevent bounce, I guess, I use use a keyboard which
someone else couldn't stand and never have a bounce. I completely agree
that they are a good buy.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)