Bad Hertz Value

tif at cpe.UUCP tif at cpe.UUCP
Tue Feb 21 03:46:00 AEST 1989

Written  7:54 pm  Feb 19, 1989 by belltec.UUCP!jom in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>	Bad Hertz Value
>
>These strings do not appear anywhere in the kernel of any or the libraries.
>Or the include files.  I'm about to launch a "strings" of the hard disk.

The string of a similar complaint can be found in /bin/sh.  That could
be were it's coming from in this case.  It's associated with the environment
variable HZ.  I believe the best way to eliminate the complaint is to put
HZ in the environment right from the very "getgo".  My /etc/rc has
	HZ=50
	export HZ TZ
and something similar in /etc/default/login.

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			{killer | texbell}!cpe!tif