VP/ix- "SOMEDAY IT WILL WORK!"

Phil Blais plb at dcdwest.UUCP
Thu Feb 16 11:24:02 AEST 1989

In article <941 at crpmks.UUCP>, garyb at crpmks.UUCP (Gary M. Blumenstein) writes:
> In article <24 at rsoft.UUCP>, frank at rsoft.UUCP (Frank I. Reiter) writes:
> > I've had to use SCO tech support quite a number of times and have always found
> > it to be the absolute best tech support I've received anywhere.
>
> I'm with you Frank.  I've used their support for three years now and I'm very
> pleased with it.
>
> I think people must understand that the success of this company could very
> well crush them.  They are currently answering thousands of calls each day.

Although we don't use VP/ix, in general I have been quite pleased with SCO
Tech Support during the past 3 years or so. I could certainly list a number
of software/hardware vendors whose performance has been much less impressive.
A bit of patience and courtesy go along way when dealing with people in
general and especially when trying to explain the symptoms etc of a particular
problem to a tech support rep. It also helps to RTFM prior to placing your
call. SCO's docs are some of the best I've seen - not perfect but certainly
worth reading.

Just one end users $.02 worth. Keep up the good work SCO. (=:
phil blais
ITT DCD San Diego