disk-drive/controller combination

Rich Brennan brennan at merk.UUCP
Mon Feb 27 12:33:14 AEST 1989

In article <8953 at alice.UUCP> debra at alice.UUCP () writes:
>I seem to recall someone posting a message that the combination
>Maxtor XT4170E / WD 1007A WAH/WA2 would not work since the Maxtor
>ESDI drive would be soft sectored and the WD 1007 would require a
>hard sectored drive.

I've got a Maxtor EXT-4175; it is soft sectored, and will *not* work
with the WD1007. When I was trying to get my disk/controller sorted out,
the guy I finally bought my disk from said there was a hard sectored
(WD1007 compatible) drive with a number slightly different than my
EXT-4175; maybe that's what the XT-4175E is?

Rrrrich.
--
...!{uunet,linus!alliant}!merk!root			Rich Brennan