Need advice on a tape drive

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Fri Feb 17 01:29:15 AEST 1989

In article <3700025 at eecs.nwu.edu> skrenta at eecs.nwu.edu (Richard Skrenta) writes:
>I need to add some form of tape backup to my Xenix system.  I need an
>external model since all of the space inside my clone is full.  I assume this
>means that the drive will need its own controller, and won't be able to sap
>off of the B: drive cable.

I suppose I should save this so I don't have to retype it.

The first thing you want to do is to RTFM.  The release notes mention
specifically what tape drives are directly supported by Xenix.

After that, you want to go out and pick one up.  I recommend the Everex
60 meg cartridge drive.  We use it here and for our customers.  It works
well, and the tapes are readable by any other system that uses QIC-24
format to read/write the tape.  However, there are a lot of other tape
drives that work just as well.

JB

--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon