Adding more processes to 386 XENIX

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Sun Jan 15 19:40:13 AEST 1989

In article <1357 at igloo.UUCP>, vikki at igloo.UUCP (Vikki Reid) writes:
> Trying to figure out why when we have 5 users we run out of processes
> whenever the fourth user tries to login.  If I remember correctly it
> reports that there are no more available processes.  SOMEWHERE I "remember"
> that one has to change a variable called ULIMIT and re-compile the kernal ?

					   ^^^^^^
I don't think that this var exists, but if it does, it would have to do with
the max size of a file on disk...  IT sounds to me like you have given each
user the same login.  Usually there are something like 20 or 25 processes
allowed per user (this is configurable).  It is far better to give each user a
unique login.

derek
--
Derek Terveer 	    det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG || ..!uunet!rosevax!elric!hawkmoon!det
		    w(612)681-6986   h(612)688-0667

"A proper king is crowned" -- Thomas B. Costain