Adding more processes to 386 XENIX

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.ateng.com
Tue Jan 10 04:49:24 AEST 1989

According to debra at alice.UUCP (Paul De Bra):
>cd /usr/sys/conf
>look in xenixconf
>limits are all there, including processes, processes per user, etc.
>change xenixconf (and possible "master") and type make
>then mv /xenix /xenix.old and mv xenix / and reboot

This method is not the best.  (Quick:  Which symbol is "max processes per
user"?  Which symbol is "max processes in system"?)

Try this instead:

	cd /usr/sys/conf
	./configure
	./link_xenix

It's much friendlier, and there's no chance of changing one label when
you really wanted to change a slightly different one.
--
Chip Salzenberg             <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>
A T Engineering             Me?  Speak for my company?  Surely you jest!