HELP!!

Barton Fisk barton at killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Fri Jan 27 02:12:14 AEST 1989

I need a user to be able to run a shell script to disable a serial
line for dial out.

This is due to the fact that the comm prog we are using DOES NOT
support ungetty on SCO 2.2.

I CAN NOT use cu or uucp for transfer of files to this particular
location.

So, in order for me to be able to run this comm prog (Blast), I
must first disable the line or I get an error (comm port in use).

Then after transfer is made, I need this script to re-enable the
line.

In normal everyday operation this line is both dial-in and dial-out.

If anyone can help me do this without having to become root, I
would greatly appreciate the help.

Also, when I tried to invoke ungetty from the script before
calling in my comm prog, the getty refused to be suspended and
upon trying to dial-out afterwards the message "DIALOUT is on
tty1A" was produced.

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Barton A. Fisk
Barton A. Fisk & Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 1781
Lake Charles, La.   70602         (318) 439-5984