HELP!!

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Sat Jan 28 11:05:21 AEST 1989

In article <6932 at killer.DALLAS.TX.US> barton at killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Barton Fisk) writes:
>I need a user to be able to run a shell script to disable a serial
>line for dial out.

	[deleted]

>So, in order for me to be able to run this comm prog (Blast), I
>must first disable the line or I get an error (comm port in use).
>
>Then after transfer is made, I need this script to re-enable the
>line.

One thing you might try is to write a couple of small programs which
would simple call enable and disable with the appropriate uids set.
That way you can have a setuid program doing the work without letting
anybody become root.

Jb

--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon