Looking at Pathalias and Xenix

tif at cpe.UUCP tif at cpe.UUCP
Tue Jan 17 04:08:00 AEST 1989

/* Written 10:00 pm  Jan 15, 1989 by zinn.UUCP!mem in cpe:comp.unix.xenix */
>is allocated and the smaller table is copied into it.  The problem is
>that my Microport System V/AT system doesn't support allocation of bigger
>than 64K blocks, yet the situation has reached the point where pathalias
>has tried to expand to an array that takes 84K.  Pushed into the 16
>bit int for call to malloc, very bad things happen.

Check to see if you have something called proctl().  Xenix had it and
one of the options was to grab a "large" piece of ram to be used with
a "huge" pointer.  (Warning: I've never used the call.)

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			{killer | texbell}!cpe!tif