idleout won't let /etc/rc exit, and CMS tape driver

Brian Hilchie brian at alzabo.UUCP
Mon Jan 30 08:06:44 AEST 1989

(system: SCO Xenix 2.3)

If I try to start an idleout daemon by putting it in the initialization
scripts the process /bin/sh /etc/rc won't exit after the boot is
complete.  Anybody know why this happens and how I can fix it?

Also, thanks to those who replied to my request for help with
the Colorado Memory Systems tape drive.  I managed to get a driver
from CMS, but I'm not very happy with it.  Unless I use the drive
in single user mode even a simple tar will occasionally lock up
unpredictably.  And the driver adds 100K to the size of the kernel!
I recommend you stay away from CMS unless you're willing to write
your own driver.
--
Brian Hilchie   <>   brian at alzabo.uucp   <>   uunet!mitel!sce!scs!alzabo!brian

"Well, I noticed the lad with the thermonuclear device was the Chief
Constable for the area."