Errors in PS

Jerry Merlaine jom at belltec.UUCP
Tue Jan 31 13:13:05 AEST 1989

In article <19496 at lll-winken.LLNL.GOV>, vijay at lll-winken.LLNL.GOV (Vijay Subramaniam) writes:
> Has anyone else been having trouble with PS giving a ps: seek error?
> The machine I am having this trouble on, is a SCO Xenix/386
> running version 2.3.1 and tcp/ip networking software from
> Streamlined Networks.
> Has anyone else been having this trouble on their Xenix machine?
> and if so..do you have a fix for it?
>

>                                   Vijay

Well, the first step is to check the manual, then
call Streamlined for technical support.

The XENIX /dev/kmem has a bug where kernel memory which has been
allocated by malloc() can't be looked at via /dev/kmem.  This is probably
not it.

Also, the Streamlined software adds lots more symbols to the XENIX kernel
and maybe ps blows up because of this.

Also, the Streamlined installation puts the TCP kernel in /xenix.snip
and tells you to boot up first with that and check everything out first
before making it your normal kernel file in /xenix.  Maybe you're running
off of /xenix.snip and ps'ing off of /xenix.  'ps -efn /xenix.snip' may work.

It works on our XENIX 2.3 machine.   What can I say?

Jerry Merlaine
pacbell.com!belltec!jom